This morning I'm playing in the Cary Cup. Though I'm "only" playing in hardbat (the rest of the way "just" coaching), I still have to prepare. What does that mean?
- Get up early. I don't want to feel rushed.
- Some easy jogging and stretching. I don't want to feel stiff.
- A good breakfast of waffles. Because I want waffles.
- Get to the playing site early. I don't want to feel rushed.
- Some more easy jogging and stretching. Yada yada yada on the stiffness thing.
- Check out draws. Duh.
- Find someone to warm up with. I usually arrange someone to meet with the day before, but didn't have anyone this time. Hopefully I'll find someone.
- For hardbat, I want to warm up the forehand, backhand, backhand chop, and serve. For sponge, the forehand, backhand, forehand loop, backhand loop against underspin, push, and serve. In both cases, play out points at the end.
- Stop warmup about ten minutes before match time so I can rest. ...