Build SCAD’s all-new men and women’s table tennis team from the ground up as head coach. In this position, you will establish an impressive SCAD table tennis program by teaching, coaching and providing skill advancement opportunities to team members — all while encouraging student-athletes to successfully complete their degrees and meet their goals.
As head coach, you will identify and recruit eligible student-athletes by engaging with both current and prospective students. You will also schedule competitions against recognized and respected colleges and universities, handling travel arrangements and developing a positive reputation at the city, state and national level.
The ideal applicant is a consummate professional with a deep knowledge of the sport, its terminology, skill base and practices. While coaching a competitive team, you will embody leadership and maintain a positive and enthusiastic approach toward duties and contribute to the collegial atmosphere in the athletics department.
- Communicating with students, parents and physicians to determine student-athlete eligibility to participate in tournaments, practices and other related team activities
- Creating an action plan for handling injuries and emergencies
- Completing and filing necessary paperwork related to the needs and development of the table tennis team
- Maintaining regular office hours and attending university events as available
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years related experience and/or training
Apply online directly: http://scadjobs.scad.edu/postings/11032
Learn more about SCAD at SCAD.edu and other opportunties at https://scadjobs.scad.edu